Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WARM and cool




First, I changed the tilt. Leaning to the right seemed more...aggressive? At least I hoped it would.

Second, in the warm version the dots phasing into lighter greens contrasted with the glowing yellow and red to give the composition some much needed pop. The orange, yellow and red really bounced off each other well.

Third, the cool image relied far too heavily on blue, and my hopes that a little purple might give the same contrast as the green does in the warm image were left unanswered. But that should have been obvious as red and green are contrast colors and blue and purple are not. I do like how the addition of white to the outer lines of the petals gave it a higher contrast while still remaining cool. I think more use of that would have benefited the whole composition greatly.

2 comments:

  1. I love the whole flower idea! Very cool.
    I like how you used the yellow in the Warm project. It makes it really pop.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!
    The colors you used stand out so much and the creativity you had to make a flower. In the warm color project the yellow stands out so much.

    ReplyDelete