
This was an exercise in reproduction. Or maybe I should say recreation. Both sound like more fun than this project was. I did enjoy the challenge of finding ways to create the same shapes and such, and I feel much more adept at InDesign than I did before. Since I don't know what the original fonts used were, I, as instructed, just used Helvetica and Times New Roman. Finding similar pictures turned out remarkably easy, thanks to the near omnipotence of Google. I think that was the most I've ever thought about Ms. Lohan's family. It was too long.
After that, it was playing with shading and coloring and using shapes to match up, etc. It was annoying adjusting fonts until the headlines were just right.
In short: Useful exercise. Turned out well enough. Ms. Lohan has a predilection for sparkly dresses.
Well done, this page looks like it was hard. But Its all very clean and strait like right out of the magazine!
ReplyDeleteThis is really good, it looks just like the magazine. I agree with the previous comment that it looks like it was a lot of work. Now that I know InDesign, I know it isn't easy to do such a thorough recreation. Good job.
ReplyDelete