Monday, March 14, 2011

Bisabuela, muy bonita!


I hope that is relatively correct Spanish. It has been a while.
This was my first foray into Photoshop, and it was pretty awesome what the program can do. This touch-up job doesn't display half the awesome, or even a significant percentage of awesome, that the program can wrought. First, the stamp tool. Hold the option button and click on the color you want, then click in the space you want that color. Easily fix holes from hungry moths. A touch of darkening and lightening gives the cheekbone more definition. Lighten up the whites of her eyes, stamp out some of the discoloration of the blue in her dress, let the almost ethereal haloesque crown of green stand as is, and voila!
There is also the sharpening tools and the text tool where a nice cursive Bisabuela (spanish for great grandmother for the uninitiated) could class things up, but I think it's better without it.

Summation: Photoshop is cool, I don't know Spanish as well as I should, and here is a fun bit of facts on thinking about your ancestry. It makes you smarter. For a bit, at least.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Photoshop is amazing. I learned that through this project, too, and your picture looks really good. You made a different choices than I, but the background colors are nice, there are no imperfections anymore or burn/deterioration marks. Good job.

    ReplyDelete